Go Back   Russia Channel Discussion Forum > Human Rights > Human Rights in Russia

Notices

Human Rights In Russia? How about America?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 23rd August 2008, 18:57

Guantanamo

Quote:
Originally Posted by CastleStormer View Post
Hmm..let me see. No state controlled media outlets or dead journalists. No opponents to the president being jailed or poisoned. No visas being denied daily. Yep, you are right. America looks just like Russia....NOT!

What about Guantanamo Camp, where people are held without being charged, How about occupying other countries [Iraq] without UN resolution, just to steal their oil ... etc... USA is nothing better than Russia, maybe even worse ,,,
Old 25th August 2008, 23:20

Want do go tit for tat bratix? I'll start first:

Chechnya!

Georgia!

Guantanamo is a church bake sale compared to those! Russia's prisoners would pray to be held in a place like GTMO instead of the Russian alternative. And only the most misinformed actually think the Iraq war is about oil!

Want to start counting dead journalists in the two countries? Or should we start with graft and corruption figures?
Old 28th August 2008, 16:57

War in Iraq wasn't about oil?!! Have I missed something?!!
Old 28th August 2008, 17:01

Think logically. How much oil were we buying from Iraq before the war? Was that tiny supply threatened in any way? Did the UN mandate taking out Saddam because America couldn't get oil? How about all the other countries in the coalition forces? Were their armies there for oil also? And now that Saddam is gone, are we getting MORE oil than before?

It is amazing what people can do when they close their ears to lies and just start using their brains. But "war for oil" sounds good, doesn't it? That's probably the spin I'd make up if I hated America also.
Old 23rd November 2008, 05:31

Quote:
Originally Posted by rasputinisgod View Post
America has no right to complain about human rights in other nations until she gets her own house in order first.
Anybody has the right to complain about human rights abuses, anywhere.

Quote:
That means we need a Democrat in the White House.
LOL. Putting a creature of the Chicago political machine into the White House is going to improve human rights? Maybe the right of dead people to vote...
Old 16th June 2009, 01:29

Human rights in Russia

It sounds not being good for America but with coming to power in the Russian Federation forse fraction called "siloviki" with a head of Mr V.V. Putin the total checks of documents by militia and infringement of human rights and police violence have been a common phenomenon in Russia. The militiamen "catch" citizens of a non-russian nationality and checks their documents. As I have noticed they check each second person, whose appearance differs from slavic. That is discrimination on national principle.
The May celebrations in Russia indicated a revival of great consolidation and patriotism among common people over a victory in world war 2 who professed nostalgia for the former USSR and who think the Russia should be by any means a great powerful country again. Ruling over Russia as a Prime Minister the key element in Putin's increasing authoritarianism is his reliance upon the militia, military and, to an even greater extent, upon Russia's internal security affaires – FSB the analog of secret police of the Communist era. It possibly might be said that today the activity of Russia's democratic institutions is dismissed as a farce, while the alleged course toward suppression of freedom and human rights is perceived as an official policy priority while power continues to concentrate in the hands of Mr Putin himself.
Constantly having been exposed for checking out my documents and examination of my personal things by police (militia) due to my half Jewish nationality and appearance, I cannot be free on the streets of Moscow and on territory of the Russian Federation and therefore cannot have all rights and freedoms of a person to be guaranteed by the Declaration of human rights and freedoms and the Convention on protection of human rights.
In 2001 as a result of the next check of documents on an electric train Moscow – Dedovsk employees of militia nearly have not thrown me out from the moving train only because there were not any documents on me. I made an appeal to the municipal Court, but it was in vain to prove my case.
After all these checks I am not able to free moving on the streets of Moscow – I am compelled to constantly wear a cup on my head in order that not to differed from Russians personally I have a negative altitude to the Russian militia – this has became impossible to live in a country which humilates my human rights. I don’t even know what shall I do in such situation - to address to international human rights organizations or emigrate from Russia? But to carry the passport with myself each time as at a military regime I cannot afford, because I am the absent-minded person and am afraid of Russian militiamen. Also I am afraid, when the person in the military form approaches to me with the automatic machine gun in hands and demands to show my documents to him.
The second thing of which I am afraid of much is that my farther for 30 years has worked at the Main Political Headquarters of internal affaires of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of the USSR bearing the rank of the colonel and personally knew many today's political and military leaders of this country. Once, it was in 2003 he critically unwisely had expressed in public his own opinion about one person, who occupying a very big position in present Russia. After that, he has got in the Main Clinical Hospital of the Ministry of Internal Affairs on the October Field and has died under rather strange circumstances. I do not build up any analogies, but after his death I am afraid for my own life and life of my mother.
Russia under Putin is a different country then under Eltzin rule. Russia under Putin and Medvedev’s rule is much resemble the former Soviet Union. The key element in Putin's increasing authoritarianism is his reliance upon the military and, to an even greater extent, upon Russia's internal security affaires – FSB the secret police of the Communist era. Putin himself was a KGB colonel. Most of Putin's staff is either from the armed forces or from the internal spy services.
Today the activity of Russia's democratic institutions is dismissed as a farce, while the alleged course toward suppression of freedom and human rights is perceived as an official policy priority while power continues to concentrate in the hands of Putin himself, who is slowly taking more and more control of the Russian Empire, turning it down to former Soviet Union – an isolated state in which KGB agents and secret police rules out.
The key sources of politics are in Russia's imperial thinking and imperial methods, combining with violence, human rights violation, treachery, false ideology, and disingenuous, sophisticated propaganda that were used by the party, the KGB, and the military.

Quote:
Human rights in Russia? Hell! Let's start with a real mess first! How about America? People get stopped by the cops for "probable cause'! The religious fanatics have got everybody censoring everything! It's a mess here in the United States. That's why I keep a framed copy of the Bill of Rights on my wall-to tell the cops where to go and how to get there until they get a warrant as required by the Fourth Amendment.

America has no right to complain about human rights in other nations until she gets her own house in order first. That means we need a Democrat in the White House.