Go Back   Russia Channel Discussion Forum > Human Rights > Human Rights in Russia

Notices

Racism -> Cloting To Do And Not To Do...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 18th May 2006, 14:29

Racism -> Cloting To Do And Not To Do...

I was reading the topic "Racism in Russia", and I started thinking about the following.

Racism as in "neo nazis", "white power" etc is almost the number one order here. You see it a lot in the news, racism here in Holland, but also in other countries, including Russia (small country here, so newsreaders start about others very soon).

Here in Holland we have the "default" things, like Army boots (if thats the correct name), white/gray army pants and stuff like that showing your opinion about this. But also the clothing "Lonsdale" and "Fred Perry" are fast associated with racism and hate.

Now here it is, I do wear army boots (former Dutch Military) a lot, just because I like them, they are original, no white cords in them or red, just black. Though a lot of people look at me like I am a racist. Also "Lonsdale" is in my closet, but when I wear it it has no backlying thoughts, it's just a good branch I think.

Now when I go "into" Holland, there are certain places, or cities, where I do not wear these things, just because it isnt safe. In my hometown I can wear it, cus people know me, and I can talk my way out of it if people start acting strange...

Now my question is, when I go to Russia, is it smart, or better, is it safe to wear my army boots (and/or Lonsdale)? Since I dont really know whats going on over there, and since I'll be a "visitor" and all...

Thanks.
Old 18th May 2006, 16:15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crete-2006
I was reading the topic "Racism in Russia", and I started thinking about the following.

Racism as in "neo nazis", "white power" etc is almost the number one order here. You see it a lot in the news, racism here in Holland, but also in other countries, including Russia (small country here, so newsreaders start about others very soon).

Here in Holland we have the "default" things, like Army boots (if thats the correct name), white/gray army pants and stuff like that showing your opinion about this. But also the clothing "Lonsdale" and "Fred Perry" are fast associated with racism and hate.

Now here it is, I do wear army boots (former Dutch Military) a lot, just because I like them, they are original, no white cords in them or red, just black. Though a lot of people look at me like I am a racist. Also "Lonsdale" is in my closet, but when I wear it it has no backlying thoughts, it's just a good branch I think.

Now when I go "into" Holland, there are certain places, or cities, where I do not wear these things, just because it isnt safe. In my hometown I can wear it, cus people know me, and I can talk my way out of it if people start acting strange...

Now my question is, when I go to Russia, is it smart, or better, is it safe to wear my army boots (and/or Lonsdale)? Since I dont really know whats going on over there, and since I'll be a "visitor" and all...

Thanks.
One of the things about your first time to Russia is that EVERYONE will know that you
are a Western European. When you get off the plane and see the Russians you will
see how they dress and their facial features and within time you will be able
to spot another Western European.

I don't think it matters what you wear, you will get attention from people. Nazis in Russia
are not subtle. The fools wear all black, skinheads, green bomber jackets with sewn in neo
nazi symbols and flags the whole 9 yards. I think people will know you are not a nazi.
Just be careul where you go and stay away from places you have no need to go to.

What the scaremongering media don't tell you is that nazis are in danger of getting
their heads kicked in on a regular basis also. Thats the reason they congregate in
gangs and beat up on people this way. Here is a present for your trip to Russia
I hope you like it

http://fishki.net/comment.php?id=8963
Old 18th May 2006, 18:36

Quote:
Originally Posted by bejarano
That's funny. The nazi got his ass kicked in the snow.
Old 18th May 2006, 19:32

Quote:
Originally Posted by C-Force
That's funny. The nazi got his ass kicked in the snow.
I think thats just as pathetic as the way around...
Anyway, thanks for the comments
Old 19th May 2006, 16:05

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crete-2006
I think thats just as pathetic as the way around...
Anyway, thanks for the comments
I don't think so...

I think the murder of 9 year old girls cannot be described as pathetic
but something else. This pondlife can murder children because of the
colour of their skin? so a good hiding off someone is hardly the same.

You are more than welcome but keep away from politics when you are
over there. I was in Russia during the NATO bombing of Yugoslavia and
it wasn't healthy to be British or American around Moscow during those
times.
Old 19th May 2006, 22:22

Quote:
Originally Posted by bejarano
I don't think so...

I think the murder of 9 year old girls cannot be described as pathetic
but something else. This pondlife can murder children because of the
colour of their skin? so a good hiding off someone is hardly the same.

You are more than welcome but keep away from politics when you are
over there. I was in Russia during the NATO bombing of Yugoslavia and
it wasn't healthy to be British or American around Moscow during those
times.
No thats certainly true... But my point was people kicking each other etc is all pathetic... nazis kick colored people because they are colored, and colored people kick nazis because they are nazis... so it's endless... I do think both parties are wrong here.

And 9 yr old kids ok... but you can see that on a lot of different ways, bombings and killings out of your religion are the same... it's all useless and pathetic in the age we are living in...