Go Back   Russia Channel Discussion Forum > Human Rights > Human Rights in Russia

Notices

Prostitution Racket / Illegal Transportation of East European Women

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 4.50 average. Display Modes
Old 10th November 2000, 18:44

Angry

Pity for the poor, dumb, ignorant, stupid, naive woman. In willingly signing a legal instrument which clearly states that she will be performing indecent, immoral, and even depraved acts, she (this wretched creature) knows not what she's doing, and ought now to be looked upon as a victim. Give me a break!

[This message has been edited by Nonson (edited 10 November 2000).]
Old 13th August 2002, 17:58

adopt orphans

Quote:
Originally posted by Dr_Woland
I completely agree, the whole thing is a massive scandal. Many Western countries have visa regulations which make it hard or commercially unworthwhile to try to bring these poor girls in... but others don't. Last week there were a series of arrests here in Moscow of men convicted of selling girls to brothels in Saudi Arabia. There are persistent reports of massive schemes of this kind in Turkey.

It's not only the "West" though - a large number of the prostitutes working in Prague and Budapest are Russians.

Dr W.
Old 4th October 2002, 06:10

Lightbulb the illegal transportation of young East European women to the west

These deperate women should turn themselves in to the local police. They should remain quiet. They will not be arrested by masked men or seized in their own home. Neither will they not be been seen again. In fact, their community may be able to find an honourable job for them somehere in North America.
Old 15th December 2002, 22:39

Nonsen,

What is it about these women that bring such feelings of anger and complacency inside of you? I wonder how opinions like yours affect their decisions.
Old 16th December 2002, 01:07

I can answer that Imagine.

"You're either part of the problem or part of the solution" People like Nonson do nothing but perpetuate the problem. They must already have feelings of desperation to allow themselves to be used in that way. Reading words like Nonson's just reinforces the psychological feelings of inadequacy and desperation. I heard a guy say once "Once a whore, always a whore". Makes you wonder doesn't it? He talks like a "John".

Somebody needs to give them hope, as well as help.
Old 9th March 2003, 20:29

Comprehension outside of your "self"

Trafficking and selling women isn't a good thing and it's quiet illegal.

That said, prostitution is not illegal in Russia. The history of prostituion in Russian is a long and respected one within their culture. They look at it a little differently, to say the least, though there are certainly differing opinions within their society, as one would expect.

What's just as clear as the problem of human trafficking by reading some posts here is the utter contempt and desrespect you show, with your vile whining holier-than-thou attitude, for Russian women and their culture.

The adage goes - don't judge a man before you've walked a mile in his shoes.

To have such a strong opinion of what "they" need when you don't know sh*t about "them" or "they" is why you laughably get charged double or triple their negotiable rate. The fact that most prostitution is Moscow is done by women of higher education levels than that of people who post here should shed light on why the rhetoric herein is rather ineffectual and invalid.

Russian women are free to choose where and what to do for work and some choose part-time prostitution when they need to earn extra money away from their full-time job, of being a medical doctor for example. If you have a problem with this then get to know your "they" and all your answers will become crystal clear if your IQ will allow it.

Other than that - take you stinkin' know-it-all attitude and try to pawn it, "they" need fifty bucks for rent and your morality isn't currency. Plus your opinion's essence is simply a whore to popular thought in the small world you know. Most especially if you live in close proximity to a library yet will not avail yourself to education.

Let me sum up my point since you probably missed it - Russian, and French as well, history and culture is different than American so try to understand this before you judge "they" because you don't exist in nor are you likely capable of exisitng in their cicumstances. Being a simple-minded altruist is not a virtue. To understand that many smart women do what they have to do today so that their daughters will never have to do what they've done shouldn't be such a earth shaking relevation. I went to a State University, I ain't no genius so it can't be that hard to figure out.

Organized Human Trafficking is not legal and obviously it's not a good thing but talking about it without action does not change anything. Remove Putin and Kuchma from their Presidential positions in their criminal States and things might change. There's who to blame for human slavery.

[Edited by carter on 9th March 2003 at 23:43]
Old 24th April 2003, 12:18

Angry FLESH TRAFFICING

THE
BASE LINE IS THAT SOCIETY USES THEIR SERVICES (PROSTITUES)EVEN IN COUNTRIES LIKE SAUDIARABIA ,BUT UNFORTUNALY WEN IT COMES TO SOCIAL ACCEPTANCE THE DONT EXIST ON THE BOARD LIST EVEN AT PLACES WHERE PROSTITUTION IS LEGAL
AS WALLACE &CARTER MENTIONS IN THERE ARTICLE REPLY 'S
IT THE SOCIETY THT NEEDS TO BLAMES
NOT THEM IF AT ALL WE ARE HONEST !!!!!!!!!!!11