Go Back   Russia Channel Discussion Forum > Human Rights > Human Rights in Russia

Notices

Prostitution Racket / Illegal Transportation of East European Women

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 4.50 average. Display Modes
Old 22nd May 2003, 11:35

to the person who could not believe that those women were portrayed as victims--wake up! these woman have been living in sheltered countries, they don't know about those these. most of them come from poor families anyway, and they would jump at any chance to make money to send home to their families. they don't know any better. and for your information, once you're caught up in it, its very hard to escape. most countries don't have any set crime (years in prison) consequences or fines or whatever for illegal prostitution or human trafficking. if you dont work, they beat the **** out of you until you do. if you run away, there are some police officers who work for them--you never know who they are--who will just turn you in, right back to where you ran away from. they are no help at all, and sometimes they will even force you to pleasure THEM. and once you are in a foreign country, you run the risk of being arrested as an illegal--well if the pimp got you into the country with a fake visa or something that is. if you ran away what could you do, so that is why some of them are victims. its like a domestic abuse case, almost. he OWNS you and then there is nothing you can do about it you can disappear in a million places. there's been some new movements, but i don't think that it is going to become a very big one, after all, there are some very seriously dangerous traffickers out there

email me, Fae , 17 years old

fae_sagemoon@hotmail.com
Old 22nd May 2003, 13:25

http://europa.eu.int/comm/europeaid/...-report_en.pdf

Without O2, no animal life, without CO2 no life at all.
Old 13th June 2003, 00:14

Thumbs up Re: Comprehension outside of your

" Remove Putin and Kuchma from their Presidential positions in their criminal States and things might change. There's who to blame for human slavery."

I'd say let's first take Lukashenko down!

Old 15th June 2003, 23:24

Seen it been there.

I have recently spent some time in the UAE. Dubai to be specific. Let me tell you, when it comes to Russian prostitutes, this place takes the cake.
It is most unfortunate for most of these women/girls. A lot of them that I had the opportunity to talk with, all told me the same story.
They came to the Emerates under the assumption that they were to start a new job in retail, as one example, making 30,000 USD/year. They would fly in with a group of girls all of whom were coming for the same opportunity. This gave the girls comfort in numbers. Once in Dubai, the pimp would meet them at the airport and take them to their new residence. The pimp then takes the girls passport and informs the girls as to what their job will actually entail. The girls are beaten and raped repeatedly if they refuse to work. The girls arrive on a tourist VISA which is usually 3-6 months long. If the girls do not make enough money to buy back their passport in that time frame, then they become wanted by the police for being illegal aliens.
If caught by the police without valid papers, they are sent to prison for 2 years and then deported. While in prison which is operated by men, the girls are raped and beaten for their entire 2 year stay. Needless to say most of the girls are ruined for life. Some commit suicide to end their misery.

Now lets take a look at these lovely girls. Most are single mothers who are expecting to be able to support their children back home. But 90% of all monies made goes to pay off their pimp. Some of the lucky girls will meet a local man who will marry them. But that is not very common happening. Very few of them speak english.

It upset me more than I thought it could have. I am not one who lets things trouble me. But this issue has hit a nerve. The fact that these girls are tricked into the trade of prostitution with very little hope of ever getting out the business really bothers me. Now I know there are people out there who will say the girls know exactly what they are getting themselves into but I have seen it with my own eyes. The faces of the girls told everything. They are scared and the worst thing about the situation in the UAE, is that the girls are completely unaware of the trouble to set in once their VISA's expire. The girls strive to get the money as fast as they can to get their passports back. But the pimp keeps increasing the amount owed. A little bit at a time. The girls have no chance to escape. The police are corrupt and some of them are pimps themselves. So what chance do the girls have? NONE!!!!

I could go on about this all night long. But my fingers might start to cramp up.
I just wanted to get that of of my chest. The exploitation has to end. The more people that are made aware of the problem, the better.
Oh and I agree with all of what Fae said.

Desperate---to help
Old 20th June 2003, 16:30

I do Rikbe!

There's hope and they can get free. I've seen it plenty of times.
Old 28th June 2003, 02:02

Thank you CastleStormer. You can probably imagine what I have seen. It is a very horrible situation.

Thanks for seeing my side of things.

Desperate
Old 28th June 2003, 10:14

I think that it is good that we can deel with this problem on the forum here by talking about it but I think we could take it a step further if we tried to do something about.