Go Back   Russia Channel Discussion Forum > Human Rights > Human Rights in Russia

Notices

Prostitution Racket / Illegal Transportation of East European Women

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 4.50 average. Display Modes
Old 1st July 2003, 18:44

On judging women

I will quote Joseph Campbell to answer those who judge women who fell in prostitution:

By deficient eyes, woman is reduced to inferior states;
by the evil eye of ignorance she is spellbound to banality and ugliness. But she is redeemed by the eyes of understanding. Only by gentleness can she be comprehended and rightly served.

In France, I hear many stupid men and women saying that every Russian woman is a prostitute. I answer them:
"You know, there are some French prostitutes, so I believe that every French woman is a prostitute. Your mother and sister must be prostitutes". Usually they get angry, but at least, they get the picture and begin to realize their shortmindedness.

Old 2nd July 2003, 15:36

Here here. You hit the nail on the head my friend!!
Thank you for the quote.

Desperate
Old 2nd July 2003, 18:24

I just realized...

that for a large part of my life I have not really liked women...how can that be? I am a woman...it is interesting to me as I start to enjoy things about myself..I can also enjoy things about other women. I think fear is a chilling superior to emotion, realization, and resolve.
I agree..saying something is much less effort than doing something...I think the clarity is in the steps toward discovering reality.

I have a perspective of sorts framed with cellophane tape on my counter with the idea not to forget it's wisdom..

It says something like this..I do not remember the authour but it's not me.

"We pray for reality to break into our souls, to understand it and make it better than it was, and to give us back the divine presence of life."

I am thankful that God does that for me.

Old 8th September 2003, 06:20

thanks deperate for your nice post , but allow me to comment !!!

I've been to the UAE , dubai to be specific too , alot as a matter of fact I still go there alot , very nice place , I love it a lot .

Like you started your topic , these poor girls come to dubai , because they are promised they will make too much money per year basis . now , I had the chance also , or shall I say ( chances ) to talk to a lot of these women , and trust me when I say alot , and if you went to any night club in Dubai you will know what I mean by a lot . anyways , most of these girls have the same story , but it is not as bad as you make it sound , because most of them came to dubai and they knew what are they going to do for work , AT first , this is what most of the girls have told me , they come to dubai because they are sick of thier homes they are not treated right , and they want a new life , I ask but is this the kind of life you need , in the arm of diffirent man everynight , and hiding from the police , with an expired visa ( by the way most of the girls I met have a 14 days visa only , which means much more trouble than the 3-6 months visa ) . so , they start explaining more to me , they are in the line of work but not for long , HOW ? they come to dubai with an arrangement with the pimp , the arrangement say that each girl must pay 8,000 dirhams or around US $2130 , after they pay their debt the pimp renew their visa , find them a job , in a shop, a resturant , etc..... . so , the job pays fine. now after paying their debts getting their passports back , having a job , they still are in the field of prostitution , I ask why ? reply "EXTRA MONEY" in fact toooooooo much of the extra money , that the day time job is just a decoy for the visa . I swear to God I look amazed that my eyes almost going to fall out of thier place my mouth is so wide open seeing the girls smiling after telling me all this , they reply , we are getting what we were promised before we come "lots of money" . and like desperate said most these women have children back home to support. Another sad story , couple of weeks ago I was there , went to a night club , and same old same old , the girls are still there , this time I saw this girl , exceptional an EXTREMLY BEAUTIFUL GIRL , couldn't believe my eyes , in my heart I said I hope she is just here for fun not a "working girl" I approached her , talked to her for about 2 minutes , and she asked , you want take me out ? I replied of course , still having the thought she is not a "working girl" , and then she claimed her price . I am telling you I was sooo shocked I think I went into a coma for about 5 seconds . anyways, I wanted to know her story now , a very very very fine looking girl a prostitute!, what the hell ? I want to know why ? the time was around 1 a.m took her out (don't get any ideas) we went to a resturant pizza hut to be exact ( she wanted pizza ) , so we talked , long story short , the girl is amazingly happy , and she still haven't paid her debt , I swear to God , when she said she still owe have of the money to the pimp , I got up and took 4000 dirhams or around US $1,050 and told her take it , and stop what you are doing , find yourself a good job , with your beautiful looks it won't be a hard work . she said even if I took your money , MY TWO OTHER SISTERS will still be working , and we all help each other , and I can't leave them alone since I am the one who called them and told them to come to dubai and work with me , I asked as prositutes ? she said YES.

of course the night went on and on and on , too much to say , and I think I bored you already . I hope I hear your comments .
Old 10th September 2003, 18:02

Hello ja32d5a, it is nice to read your post. I agree with all that you have said. I have learned a lot more about the girls in Dubai since my first post. Yes the clubs are jammed full of young and old prostitutes from all over. But mostly from the Russian states or Russia itself. I was just recently back to Dubai for a visit but this time it was personal. You see, I fell in love with one of these girls. Now she is no longer working and we are to be married sometime in the future. So I know all too well what is going on in Dubai and other places where this activity is taking place. It is a real shame, because these women are just trying to survive and selling their bodies is what the have had to resort to in order to stay alive. I feel bad for the ones who must work and cannot find a way out or a job that pays a good wage. I am a lucky man to have found such a beautiful and loving woman. Not all can be so lucky.
So, whatever your circumstances are good luck and all the best.

Not so Desperate anymore..
Old 11th September 2003, 04:45

wow , congratulations , I'm sure she a lovely girl . and specially if she is russian . and to tell you the truth It won't belong tell I have a visit myslef to dubai and it is going to be personal . anyways , congratulations again.
Old 11th September 2003, 20:06

Thanks Ja. BTW, she is Ukranian.
Good luck with your next trip to Dubai.

I hope you find happiness or whatever it is you are looking for.

Desperate