Go Back   Russia Channel Discussion Forum > Culture > Language

Notices

Japanese want to learn Russian

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 28th September 2000, 09:06

Smile

I'm Japanese female and I'd like to learn Russian language. Please teach me!
Old 23rd December 2000, 05:43

Talking

Hi Noriko,
Congratulation as you have determined to learn Russian.
Yes! No one would teach You Russian on the Internet. You are in Tokyo, what i'll advise ya is to befriend someone with the knowledge of Russian Language there, so that he/she could help you thru.
Try and get a CD to learn Russian. If you've gotten a Computer at home, you'll only have to learn at ya convenience.
Another is, try your local Library. Or check out for the International Library or National Library library Or Russian Cultural centres in Tokyo. They offer courses at these places. You should be able to have control of the language after a year of intensive tranning. Then zoom off to Russia and show ya skills to the natives and I bet it.... you'll love yaself.
WISH YA GOOD LUCK!!!
Old 14th February 2001, 16:42

Smile Japanese language

I am an American trying to learn Japanese... any pointers? I don't know any Russian, except for "da" and nyet." But that's about it.
Old 21st March 2001, 03:33

Thumbs up

Hai Noriko San,

OGenki desu ka? I am an Indian male,. I am learning Japanese since a year or so. I know a decent bit of Russian language. If you have a PC at your home, I can help you through mails, if you would like that. In Windows, there is a provision in MS Word for getting the Russian fonts (Cyrillic). As for the pronunciation, you can buy some CDs or you can get some language series pack such as "Teach yourself Russian", "Russian in three months" or "Hugo's Russian" etc. As for the grammar, you may find it different from Japanese grammar. You find it a bit complex at the beginning, but as you proceed, as you get to know the logic behind it, it will become easier and more interesting. You are always welcome, as far as your doubts are concerned. You can mail me at your convenience at the address muralikrishnan.r@russia.com, if you would like to proceed.

Sayonara.
Murali.
Old 21st March 2001, 07:43

i know you are well meaning Murali, but noriko posted her thread 28SEP00. since she has 2 posts, i doubt she is still around to see your message.

but who knows. i could be wrong, which is the case 98% of the time.